• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not displaying longitude

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic 10.3 on a Mac running OS 11.4, the latitude and altitude metadata is displayed correctly in the metadata panel but not the longitude (my cameras don't record direction).  If I click on the GPS box, however, the longitude does appear.  In previous versions both the latitude and longitude have displayed correctly without any effort on my part.  Is this a known bug or something I can correct?

Metadata.pngMetadata Highlighted.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Is your right side panel atea as wide as it was before? Looks like the entirity of the  info will not fit in the space visable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your right side panel atea as wide as it was before? Looks like the entirity of the  info will not fit in the space visable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct.  When I widen the panel both the latitude and longitude appear.  Of note, they used to appear as two separate lines one above the other (like in the highlighted version above) but that appears to have changed now.  Thanks for your help.

Wider Panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's an issue in Lightroom Classic with displaying the last line of a multi-line text field in the Metadata panel (so not just the GPS field, but any field with text input exceeding the current width of the input area). Only happens on MacOS, not Windows10. It's been reported to Adobe, but whether they do anything about it, who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a longstanding bug that Adobe has acknowledged but hasn't chosen to fix:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-truncated-fields-an...

For fields that should wrap onto additional lines, LR often fails to display the last line. A real pain in the neck for captions and other text fields.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines