• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Not Importing All Photos From "Device"

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run across a problem in Lightroom that I first discovered when I noticed hundreds of photos from an event had not imported. I had the card backed up to Dropbox so I was able to eventually get them imported, but now I've found LR did the same thing again.

Here's what happens(ed):

When in the import screen of LR, if importing from an SD card from the default source of "device", over 200 photos did not import, select, or even appear. When selecting the SD card from file (under source) the missing photos appear and are able to be imported. So the question is why?

My camera is an A7Sii saving both JPEG and Raw.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem with Lightroom not importing all the files and getting the message 'no photos match the filter'.  Did you ever find a solution to this??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm disappointed to say I have not found a solution in any way. My Lightroom is completely of no use to me right now except to look at photos that were already uploaded. Everything I've tried has not resulted in the ability to upload photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oceanlife,

What solutions have you tried?

Some more detailed information would be helpful to assist with an answer-

Lr Version Number?  OS version? Camera model? Method of Import? Destination for photos?, screen-clips, etc.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oceanlife

I think you would receive far better feedback if you would post your own discussion. Adding similar, even identical, problem to a existing discussion does not always get looks. And lots of inquiry’s as to explaining the problem in more detail are bound to occur.

When you accomplish this, reccomend that you include

1. Your workflow, the steps you have run thru in Lightroom Classic, that have resulted in failure.

2. Also, any error message,

3. A screenshot of your Import Dialog, the full screen

And in a follow up post, perhaps immediately after your first post, post your system information as Lightroom Classic reports it, probably form first line down to just past plugin info (info after plugins very very geeky techie and a mystery). In LRC click on Help. then System Info, then Copy. Paste in a posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David and WobertC

I did provide a screen shot originally but I'm not at all comfortable or used to these forums so I don't know where it is. Since having the issue, over a month ago, I have quit using Lightroom because I'm unable to upload any photos. It's been busy and since I'm a woman I run a household and so have not had time to deal with it. Now that the holiday rush is over, I was thinking of investigating other platforms that might allow me to move all my Lightroom photos to a different platform. I just haven't done so until now. 

So please forgive me. I will attempt to retry uploading from both my cameras and see if I can take another screenshot plus provide more detailed information again.

One of you suggested making a new or fresh post. I did that a year or so ago for a different issue and was given a stern response because I was told there were other posts dealing with my issue (which I could not find). So, I'm honestly trying but I'm old and busy and am trying the best I know how.

If you can give me a day to try again to load photos and provide as much detail as possible for you, I would be very grateful. Thank you kindly for your interest and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate any guidance.

Best regards,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kimberlys.....

I have only ever seen  "no photos match the filter" when I am in Library Module and I have a filter active.

Are you sure you are in the Import module?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kimberlys87221029

In the Libray module you probably have a filter applied. And none of the photos in the Previous Import panel meat the criteris, the filter.

How about a screen shot, of the entire Libary Module immediatly aftrer that import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had this problem. I just switched to Mac, and I never had the issue on Windows. My import process is exactly the same as it used to be. To clear up some things, when I realize that not all the files were imported, I take out and put back the SD card. Then I import again and it gets the rest of the files. So it's not an issue with stacks, file destinations, card formatting, etc. LR simply doesn't get all the files the first time. Version 12.1, Camera Raw 15.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines