• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Not Importing All Photos From "Device"

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run across a problem in Lightroom that I first discovered when I noticed hundreds of photos from an event had not imported. I had the card backed up to Dropbox so I was able to eventually get them imported, but now I've found LR did the same thing again.

Here's what happens(ed):

When in the import screen of LR, if importing from an SD card from the default source of "device", over 200 photos did not import, select, or even appear. When selecting the SD card from file (under source) the missing photos appear and are able to be imported. So the question is why?

My camera is an A7Sii saving both JPEG and Raw.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? This problem has been reported many times on Mac computers, and you need to file a formal bug report with Adobe.

Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 5.2 has stopped importing any photos from any device. I see you suggested to the other user to place a formal report to Lightroom. How does one go about doing so? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As dj_paige says, I've seen it on Mac a few times too. Fortunately I've not been bitten by missing any files...yet. But it's a pain for sure.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does your camera name each image it produces? ie: Does it create images with unique filenames in an ascending sequence?

Could it be that there is some duplicate conflict at work here from that point, but its probably unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a Mac computer. The camera file names were not an issue as far as similar names, as they were from one shoot and each name was unique. Further, it wasn't the situation that LR showed the photos as duplicated (grayed out), rather they just don't appear at all. But again, if I select the card under "source" it appears to fix the issues (hopefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical issue on 2 Macs w/ LR Classic CC - and from multiple differnt devices - Nikon, DJI and Olympus cameras.   Only a partial ingestion occurs while asking for a total ingestion of the card.

And the issue is such that the IMPORT screen does not even see the photos.  If I eject the device and re-mount it (regardless of which Mac this is on - iMac 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Mojave or a MacBook Pro with same OS and version of LR CC Classic, this continues to happen across all devices and computers...  This has caused accidental erasures of photos from trips and other non-reproducible shoots...

Feels like a bug on the Import action to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the rest of the thread, then file a bug report with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I shoot Canons (5D Mark IV, 7D Mark II, and Powershot G7X Mark II) and post process on a Mac.  I have the same issue on all of my cards.  I'm not sure if it is an Adobe issue or somehow a conflict with a recent Mac OS upgrade.  Regardless, I have taken to inserting my cards a second time after importing once.  The second time, the missing photos appear.  If I insert a third time after downloading the found missing files, there are no new files to download.  I have been catching everything by inserting twice.  It would be great not to have to do that, though.  And I was lucky to discover it - I happened to process some photos the day I took them and noticed I was missing a few I remembered taking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. On Mac. When I noticed LR not seeing all images, I closed LR, ejected card. Restart LR, insert card and LR sees some, but not all images. Say the card has 800 images. One time LR will see 700 images. The next try it will see 150 images. The next time it might see 220 images. I just caught it today and I hope I did not lose any images in past imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as stated above, you need to report the bug to Adobe. There's really no reason or benefit to report it here any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on a Desktop PC with Windows 10.  I always copy my files from an SD card into my main folder structure on my primary HDD, an dimport from there.  Also, when organising my photos I tend not to use Lightroom, preferring a file manager.  I am now finding that Lightroom is neither seeing some folders, nor importing images from some other folders.

This is a flaw in a fundamental feature of Lightroom.  Not finding hundreds of images (600+ in my case) matters.  Sure, I'll get it fixed, but I don't know how many hours I'll spend trying to do it.

To dj_paige, I'm reporting this here because it matters that other users see this may not be a one off issue affecting a single user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24bitbob  wrote

To dj_paige, I'm reporting this here because it matters that other users see this may not be a one off issue affecting a single user. 

But you also need to report it to Adobe. Reporting it here does nothing to speed the process of getting it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I have reported it to Adobe, and I spent more than an hour with a guy from Adobe support who took control of my machine to try and fix the issue.  He had no joy, but at least he saw the issue first hand.

To clarify, for me, what happens is that when I try to synchronize my folders, LR identifies that 'X'photos have been found, but on trying to import them it reports that 'No photos or Videos were found to import'.

I've gone through every folder in my catalog checking the number of photos that LR shows in the folder against the number reported by Windows File Manager.  I've found quite a few differences.  At least I do have the photos that LR doesn't show, but I can't be 100% sure of what I have just by using LR.  Adobe Bridge shows everything, as you would expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I spent well over an hour on phone with Adobe also. The only answer I got is that LR is working perfectly and it must be my card or reader so there is apparently no bug to report.  Is it possible we all have bad cards/readers? Maybe. Although, my iMac sees all images on a card and the total matches total camera shows.

Also, I thought forums like this are exactly the place to post these types of things so that others who might be having these same issues see that it is not just happening to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I thought forums like this are exactly the place to post these types of things so that others who might be having these same issues see that it is not just happening to them.

I think it is extremely clear from the earlier messages in this thread (and other threads) that it is happening to many people.

However, the phone call to Adobe Tech Support is NOT THE SAME as reporting it to Adobe. I gave a link earlier to report the problem to Adobe. That's where you need to add your "me too".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the conversation people are having irks you, I suggest you switch off and ignore it.  I got something out of the other comments.  Your repeated comments on people needing to report this to Adobe is tiresome. Relax and let other converse.  Hopefully this is extremely clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

I managed to solve my problem with a little bit of hit and miss.  I tried 'Update Folder Location.....' which I got to by right clicking the folder in question, then I tried to synchronize the folder and it worked.  I had around half a dozen folders which didn't sync properly, so I went to the main folder off of which they all hang, did the same thing, and it worked.

I'm half expecting someone to tell me that is an obvious thing to do, but the support guy who spent an hour on my machine certainly didn't try it.  Maybe it was too obvious.

I suspect the problem is that I use other programs to manage my folders (Lightroom is not a file manager), and LR needed pointing to, or at least nudging in, the right direction.

Good luck with your issue.  I hope something in what I say helps.

Regards

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting your card from 'Files' rather than 'Device'. Device uses a special code path that appears to be somewhat temperamental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip. I have had this problem for a long time and your suggestion actually seems to work. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone point me to instructions on how to report a problem via email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaulS318

Many kind volunteers offer their support here in this Community forum. (We do not appreciate emails!)

Start a new thread with your "problem" also stating some details of Operating System and Lightroom Version.

There is a button at the top of the Forum main page-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Lightroom-Classic/bd-p/lightroom-classic

ScreenShot473.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You WobertC,

I wasn't clear - I was referring to Adobe support directly.   The problem has been documented in this forum.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for the assistance!

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To post your issue where Adobe will see it, post at the feedback site:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines