• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not importing files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this update, my Lightroom classic is acting wild.  It will not import files taken on my canon R5.  It says it is importing but nothing happens, at all.  And when I try to quit, it will not.  It freezes and I have to force quit the application.  

Any one else experiencing this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reset the Lightroom preferences to the defualt settings.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I've done this and still, the importing function is not working and freezes the application.  Even if I try to import from a file on the hardrive and not from the cfexpress.  Any other tips? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot of your import screen. At keast three different possible issues, the three have a different appearance in the import screen.

One was solved by restoring the oreference file, as you have already tried. One involved MASOC Files anf Folders security (privacy). And I forget the third.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 1.43.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, a third possibility, in your import, did you select Add for method. (as opposed to Copy as DNG, Copy, Move)? 

If so, temporarily select Copy, then over on the right, inspect the destination, does whatever is listed as destination actually exist? If not, pick a destination that exists (does  not have to be where you placed the photos, just has to be viable), revert to ADD, continue.

Yes yes yes, it should not matter what the previous destination used was when using ADD. bit  an oddity  or bug going way back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that screenshot  of the import screen, it does not appear that you have selected the folder in the card containing the images,  100CANON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.  That was a fresh open.  But when it is selected and the files are shown... it will not actually import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not attach screenshots. Many community members absolutely refuse to open them, it is a trust issue. I see that your first screenshot did not use the attachment method. You can use the insert photo button, or simply copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You second screen shot attachment, shows you have selected the “move” option at import the source appears to be direct from the Camera with an SD CARD, what happens if you choose “copy”.

Does that work for you?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why Move was selected.  I was using copy and that was not working.  I am using a card reader and not connected directly to the camera.  What ended up working was choosing Move first and locating the destination of the files then choosing add before deciding to import.  That imported them and kept the files on the card.  

Thanks for the tips and help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for the screenshots to be reposted so that other high end capability members may reply. I went and looked at your attachments. A few observations (might have nothing to do with your isse)

1. Never ever ever use MOVE, an inherent risk exists, files could get deleted and not copied. I never trust Move, be it MAC or WIN.

2. Never use MOVE, as the copy on the SD card will be gone at the end of the import. Do not delete those images, or format that card, until you have at least one backup of the photos.

3. Many users like to just attach the camera with the SD card inserted via USB. While this works, it is slower than via a SD card reader. And odd issues can arise.

4. You are already using Files as source as opposed to Device, good, using Device is problematic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why Move was selected.  I def did not try to do that.  I chose the Copy option and directed the files to destination and then selected Add before chosing to import.  That ended up working. And all files remained on the card and are operating as usual.  

I will say, that I did this once before and it did not work.  So, I'm curious how the next import is going to go.

Thank you so much for your help!  I appreicate so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear that you got it sorted out.

Just another thought, if they were imported using the “ Add” option they would not have been saved to the computer. You need to check!!

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of LrC, on your MAC, bring up Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure external volumes is checked

CatalinaFilesandFolderrs.PNG

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines