• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not recognising custom profiles when printing

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very experienced printer using Adobe Photoshop but recently tried to print in Lightroom Classic as I prefer the soft proofing in Lightroom.The setup for colour printing is very easy - under PRINT JOB drop down box I select the appropriate print profile under Colour Management and under printer I select the correct print (Epson 3880) and turn off (No colour adjustment) under Mode as I do in Photoshop, dial in the rest of the settings and select PRINT.I then get the message " The custom profile selected for this print is missing or invalid. If you continue this print job , the colours will not be managed by Lightroom". I know there is nothing wrong with this profile as I have used it often and only yesterday in Photoshop. I assume the path is exactly the same Drive C/Windows/System32/Spool/Drivers/Colour so I can't see why Lightroom cant find the profile. Any suggestions ? I ended up saving the soft proofed version and printing out of Photoshop which is hardly ideal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Akash, it is actually a corrupt profile.For some reason LR found the corrupt one but PS found the correct one.I deleted the corrupt one and downloaded a new one.

All good.

Cheers

< Edited by Staff, please do not post personal info (remove signature while replying via email)>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is not recognizing the custom profile while printing from your Epson 3880. Let us help make it right.

Few questions:

• Do you start with jpeg or raw?  If jpeg, what colour space?
  • Which exact version of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are you using?
  • What working space is set in Photoshop- is it sRGB?
  • Are your monitors colour-managed (calibrated and profiled)?
  • Are your printers capable of colour management - do they take account of the profile of the image being printed - or alternatively do you colour-manage from Lightroom and Photoshop, and have the driver set to be colour management aware but also set so that the driver knows that the program is doing the colour management?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, it is actually a corrupt profile.For some reason LR found the corrupt one but PS found the correct one.I deleted the corrupt one and downloaded a new one.

All good.

Cheers

< Edited by Staff, please do not post personal info (remove signature while replying via email)>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Glad you figured it out.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a corrupt profile, because I getting the message:
The custom profile selected for this print job is missing or invalid. If you continue this print job, the sRGB profile will be used.
Where is it placed and where can i find and correct sRGB profile.

Whatever image you make with your camera, it is always a copy of reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a corrupt profile, because I getting the message:
The custom profile selected for this print job is missing or invalid. If you continue this print job, the sRGB profile will be used.
Where is it placed and where can i find and correct sRGB profile.

By @PhotoTrail

You don't ever want to be using sRGB for output to a printer. It isn't an output color space, its an RGB Working Space.

IF in Develop you can soft proof to sRGB (Type S key), there is nothing wrong with that sRGB profile. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

But I don't want to print, I want to save as a jpeg. That's when I got that message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's fine to use sRGB as an exported color space. You had said:  "but recently tried to print in Lightroom Classic"

So you want to Print to: JPEG in the Print module? You would NOT be using this to print to the Epson, you'd use Print to JPEG. Is this how it appears on your end?

PrintToJpeg.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's wen I get that message. It wasn't so a week ago. It started al of a sudden. 

There were no updates from Adobe or Mac.

And I don't understand why al of a sudden that profile message came on.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you export in sRGB (outside this print module) or will you get the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

Thank you for your support.
By another channel, I got the sollution. I just wassen't looking anough.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got the solution? Can you share with those of still looking ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry, till now not a sollution get or found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. The Color management profile is greyed out and provides no options. When I fo ahead and "Print to File" then Lightroom says "... custom profile selected for this print job is missing or invalid." and says it will use sRGB instead. Okay. The result is a blank white JPG image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines