Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not recognising Photoshop in "Edit In" section

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

after recent update of Photoshop 2023 and Lightroom to version 12.0.1, all options in "Edit In" section to edit an image in Photoshop, are greyed out.

Is there a solution to fix this.

many thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

SOLVED!!

A soft uninstall and re-install of Photoshop 2023 fixed the problem.

Edit In opens file from LR, and also automatically opens PS if it is not already open.

Soft uninstall (keep preference etc) means all actions, brushes etc are kept in place! hooray!!

And, even the previous working files are still there for reference... PS essentially exactly like it was before unistall. 

So easy process.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

The soft uninstall/reinstall of Photoshop 2023 worked in my case as well. Still a mystery as to why the problem happened on one of my computers but not on the other. Thanks from me also, to community members who contributed advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a tutorial somewhere about how to do a "soft" uninstall rather then full uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see several here say just do a soft uninstall of PS and then re-install. Um, what is a soft uninstall and how do you do one? Windows 10 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never needed to do the soft uninstall. It has corrected itself, I don't know how and not ionterested in other details. Thanks all for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello... I'm having the same problem here... after installing the latest version of Ps and Lr (as of Aug 2023), when I ask Lightroom to open in Photoshop some files in layers (for photo stacking), Photoshop opens and does not run the task. Also, some of my pre-recorded actions that I've been using for the past year are not working properly when running a batch...  

Thanks for any help you can provide... 

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines