• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not recognizing DNG from ON1 Nonoise

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say whose problem this is.  Probably On1 but I am looking for a work around.  I have used ON1 Nonoise and it produces a DNG file.  Lightroom does not recognize the file as originally being from my Nikon D850.  Because if this I don't get any of the ADOBE standard profiles.  Is there way I can cause these profiles to be visible?  I don't know where this stuff is stored or if its available to the end user.

Regards

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG is an openly formated (defined) file format of Adobes. Like TIFF. If some other product isn't writing them correctly, it is that products fault. 

Are you saying that the On1 DNGs can be converted and referenced in LR but LR doesn't 'know' the camera? 

You might consider zipping one of these problematic DNGs and uploading via say Dropbox or similar so others can inspect the DNG and see if the issue can be replicated. 

You could try re-converting them using the free DNG converter but if LR can't deal with them, it is unlikely the DNG converter will either. But it would take a few minutes to try. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can open and edit the files,  However, it does not know that the DNG was from a Nikon camera and does not present me with the Adobe Standard profiles.  Is there a way for me to manually find and access those profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Headmj wrote:

Lightroom can open and edit the files,  However, it does not know that the DNG was from a Nikon camera and does not present me with the Adobe Standard profiles.  Is there a way for me to manually find and access those profiles?

So prior to using On1, you can see and apply the profile? 

The other possible issue is, On1 can't edit that data and produce another raw, it has to render that data and it probably saves out a Linear DNG which may not allow the use of such profile. Or On1 is creating a DNG that doesn't follow spec and is stripping the camera info when creating a DNG. 

Anyway, the most important question at this point is, prior to On1, do you see other camera profiles you can apply? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see all the proper files before using NoNoise.  I believe that NoNoise is creating a linear DNG as the file size triples.  Yes I think they are stripping out the canera data.

With that, is there a way to manually gain access to the adobe standard profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just converted a raw to Linear DNG using the Adobe DNG converter. I opened it in ACR and I was able to select any of the appropriate camera profiles for this make. So it doesn't seem to be a linear DNG issue per se, I still think, NoNoise is stripping some important metadata about your camera. Then when back in an Adobe raw converter, you don't see the specific camera profiles any more, just Adobe Stanard. 

Maybe someone more versed at examining a DNG can get a copy of yours and examine if this is the case or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is my experience as well.  Linear DNG from Topaz don't work either.  Linear from DXO does work.  You mention the Adobe Standard profiles.  I don't get those.  Is there a way to manually bring them to the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have the latest version ON 1 Nonoise, however I am using Topaz Lab DeNoise which also creates a DNG file when I open a raw file from my camera. The DNG file that it creates has the extension raw.DNG and I experience the same issues as you.

ON 1 and Topaz Lab will have to render the raw file using their own raw processing engine and denoise the file, so I believe what you get is "tiff" data in a DNG wrapper. When you open the DNG in LrC you will be working with a file that already has a develop profile applied. ON 1 would not overwrite the raw file so you should have two files a RAW and a DNG.

Just my thoughts.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines