Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not saving Mogrify settings

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version 11.3.1 - Windows 10

In a moment of monumental stupidity deleted imagemagick from my hard disk (lack of space warning)

Can no longer export images

Reinstalled latest version of Imagemagick - ImageMagick-7.0.10-Q16-HDRI

Set in Export Mogrify configuration C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.10-Q16-HDRI\magick.exe - pressed done

Still can't export from dropdown print presets

Installed the non HDRI version - ImageMagick-7.1.0-35-Q16-x64-dll.exe

Uninstalled the HDRI version

Set in Mogrify configuration C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.1.0-Q16\magick.exe - pressed done

Still can't export from dropdown print presets

Back to Export Mogrify configuration - still says C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.10-Q16-HDRI\magick.exe - despite having deleted this version and also having pressed "done" on the later version

Edited it back to C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.1.0-Q16\magick.exe and pressed export from in File - Export and it exported OK

Went back again and it had again reverted to the deleted HDRI version and of course could no longer export without manually changing the path

Problem as I see it is that Lightroom is just NOT saving the configuration change

I have a 100GB SSD for my program files with 13 GB free

Please help!!!

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That name ending in "...dll.exe" does not seem to me like the right filename for a main application. Is there another file present, perhaps that ends in "...magick.exe" as your previous version did? Just wondering if the former might be some sort of updater / installer.

Also are you using export presets at all? If so those would also need to be updated suitably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Belonging to the random button pressing club for solving problems I have finally sussed it!

According to the download site the dll versions are the right version

Most of the issue was that I have a whole load of export presets which clearly all needed individually re aligning with imagemagick. This also gave me the opportunity to cull 7/8ths of the export presets that I just don't use.
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted. Managing workflow via named presets is generally a great thing IMO - even if that does add something extra to manage. But personally I feel the 'sweet spot' when it comes to presets of any kind, is to maintain just a tight, small team of those - that fully earn their places, and that you can stay fully on top of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines