Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not syncing from desktop to laptop

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have light room Classic on my desktop and laptop. I'd like to edit photos on my desktop and then tak my laptop to a coffee shop and continue. I can't seem to get them to sync up together at all.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic will not sync from desktop to laptop. That's not a feature of the program.

If you want two computers to access the same photos, you want to use the other Lightroom (not Classic) which stores your photos in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set up Lightroom-Classic to sync COLLECTIONS as in this Help article.

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

Then use LIGHTROOM-DESKTOP v6.2 (The Cloud version) on your Laptop that will connect with (via the web) and allow you to edit the photos you have synced up from Collections in LrC.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to disagree, @Rob_Cullen 

The OP was asking about syncing 2 computers, not syncing her computer to a mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob says the OP should sync Lightroom Classic and then use Lightroom desktop on the laptop. That is indeed a solution and does not involve any mobile device.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines