Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom old catalog & files - missing in newest catalog conversion

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

the prior library catalog I was using that had been named Lightroom Catalog-3-v11 was upgraded with the new April softwared update to catalog v11, and all (ALL!) the files i've added for well over a year are not showing.  

I want them back! How can I get the photos added into this? Very time consuming to have to reupload, plus I'd lose all my selections, tags, etc, etc.  

I've relaunched the old catalog as well as relaunched the new V11, and same result.  Pretty sure they're not "gone", but regardless I cannot find them.  Please help!

Using Windows laptop if that helps.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidentally, the wrong catalog was updated. You need to find the catalog you want. First, use the menu command File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown there until you find the catalog you want. If that doesn't work, use your operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LRCAT and open each one (by double-clicking on it) until you find the catalog you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that you are opening a new catalog file instead of the upgraded one. Please search your disk for .lrcat files.

If you find multiple lrcat-files, check the dates and sizes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines