• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom performance issue: compatibility between GPU and second monitor

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having performance issues with Lightroom that I've narrowed down to a compatibility issue between my GPU and second monitor. I've got a workaround and the ultimate answer is to either upgrade my GPU or replace my laptop with a higher spec desktop but, that said, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice about the compatibility of different GPUs for Lightroom.

I'm running a laptop (more detail on the spec below) with a second monitor and I've been finding that every time I make an adjustment to a slider or click a checkbox - like show overlay in the masks - Lighroom takes, at best, 3 - 10 seconds to respond. Last weekend it was taking 3 - 10 minutes and Lightroom was unusable. I've found that disabling the GPU, in Lightroom, when the second monitor is connected improves performance massively and disconnecting the second monitor with the GPU enabled results in almost intantaneous response times. So, I've got a workaround, but is there anything more I can do, short of upgrading hardware? The GPU is clearly not up to Lightroom and a second monitor.

I've gone through the suggestions at https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Detailed spec. below

Windows 10, version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
16GB RAM Physical
18.5GB Virtual memory
2.63GB Page File space
C: drive 248GB free of 464GB
D: drive 413GB free of 465GB, where I store my Lightroom catalog
C: and D: partitions of an internal SSD
E: drive 6.3TB free of 8TB free - external drive where I store my photos
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz, 4 cores (8 logical processes)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Cheers,

Andy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?