• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom Photo count reads 0

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing photos adobe shows the photo count in the folder as 0. The files are in the correct folders. I am a long time Lighroomroom Classic user and understand how Librarys work. I dont move folders or photos outside of lightroom.

This is on a Macbook Pro M3 Max with Catalina, everything on the latest updates. Under Privacy & Security Lightroom has been given Full Disk Access, and has been added to Files and Folders. The problem only just started to happen when I relocated my library and my media folders onto the hard drive of this computer. So the files are stored on the local drive, not on an external drive.

I've tried Optimizing the catalog, rebooting, nothing helps

Interestingly the Previous Import section under the Catalog accordion is showing that I imported 72 photos. So on one hand Lightroom is displaying the correct number, but on the Folders accordion the folder is showing a photo count of 0. See the folder dated 2024-02-18 near the bottom of the photo I included.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Sounds like catalog corruption. Try the following. Create a new catalog and then use 'File - Import from Another Catalog' and import your old catalog. Select the option to leave new images where they are. Now check if this new catalog (which is now a copy of your old catalog) is working correctly. If it is, then this is your new catalog and you can trash to old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the following. Select one of the images in 'Previous Import' and then choose 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library'. Lightroom will select the folder in the folder panel where this photo currently resides. What do you see?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It goes to the folder where the image is.

If I go into the folder that has a 0 count there are thumbnails in it.
Doing the right clicking on one of those and clicking on Go to Folder, also
goes to the location where the file is actually stored. There is no issue
there. The issue is that the image count reads 0, when everything else is
working fine.

--
Keir Briscoe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Open your catalog folder and delete the 'Catalogname Helper.lrdata' file. Then start Lightroom and see if that solves the issue.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you suggested and still the same results. Interestingly the Import dialog is counting the number of images to import correctly. But after import both the new folder and the Previous Imports image count is 0.

Interestingly, I noticed if I stop and restart Lightroom the Previous Imports folder now reads correctly, but the actual folder still reads 0.

So I decided to remove all the files that Lightroom creates as well as the Helper file. Like all the previews etc. (after making copies just in case). This also did not fix the issue. I again noticed that restarting lightroom caused the Previous Import folder to read the correct number.

Also whats really strange is if I remove one of these newly imported images the counter will now read -1 images. Even though there obviously are images in the folder.

Any other suggestions I will gladly try.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like catalog corruption. Try the following. Create a new catalog and then use 'File - Import from Another Catalog' and import your old catalog. Select the option to leave new images where they are. Now check if this new catalog (which is now a copy of your old catalog) is working correctly. If it is, then this is your new catalog and you can trash to old one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, When I create a new catalog, then open it and try to import the old catalog, I get the following pop up dialog "Lightroom could not import this catalog because of an unknown error."
So, to beat this to death. I exported the corrupted catalog as a new catalog, then I was able that catalog into the previous blank one I had created. AND!!! I imported a few photos, and the counter counted properly.

Thanks for your help!keir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines