• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Piwigo PlugIn from Vladimir Vinogradsky is down

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use the Lightroom Piwigo-PlugIn from Vladimir Vinogradsky.

Unfortunately the website http://alloyphoto.com/ is down and with LR9 the PlugIn is without value.

Does anyone have another idea for a PIWOGO export from Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found any alternatives.  Unfortunately, the Alloyphoto.com web site has been down for over a month.  Be sure to leave feedback on the plugin's page in the Adobe Exchange, to help others avoid purchasing the plugin until/if the developer comes back online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alloyphoto.com  is back with

Piwigo Export Plugin

Windows Executable

Version: 3.0.0
Release date: Nov 21, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see he's back!

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Deleted>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to upgrade my Lightroom to Piwigo export plugin from AlloyPhoto plugin when I migrated from Lightroom 6 to LR Classic. Unfortunately, the AlloyPhoto site is down yet again. I cannot retrieve a new serial number with the serial number retrieval tool on the site, and the email address allohphoto@alloyphoto.com does not function.

I wish there were another export option from Lightroom that offers comprable features and flexibility, but this one seems to be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to visit the AlloyPhoto plugin page in the Adobe Exchange and got this message:

This Extension is retracted by the partner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote in my original post, that site does not function. One can download an unregistered copy of the plugin and even pay $15 through PayPal, as I did on 2/28. However, Vinogradsky never sent the registration serial number. The serial number retrieval tool on his website does not function. The contact form on his website does not function. He never responds to his email alloyphoto@alloyphoto.com. And as I pointed out, he retracted his extension on the Adobe Exchange. 

I have requested a refund from PayPal, not because of the $15 but because I am hoping that PayPal has an alternate way to reach Vinogradsky. Perhaps he will send me my serial number. I also brought up the issue on the piwigo.org forum here: https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31782. The fr.piwigo.org forum contains a discussion (in French) of his site being down for a month or so in 2019 and then coming back to a functioning state.

Where is Vladimir? The fact that he updated the plugin in October suggests that he did not plan to abandon his entire site. Perhaps it was hacked. I still have hope that this is not permanent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the website https://alloyphoto.com/plugins/piwigo/ there is a button that says Buy now with PayPal.

So the website is available!

I clicked on it and identified myself by PayPal with my email address and my password. After closing the payment curtain, I received an email to my eBay-email address within 1 or 2 minutes.

It said my name and my new password.

DONE!

Did you see in your spam folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vladimir updated his website very recently.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have regularly checked the spam folder. No serial numbers from AlloyPhoto. Even if I somehow missed the emails with serial numbers, why does the serial number retrieval tool not function? Why are there no responses to the emails I have sent? Why does the contact form on the website not function? And why are others reporting the same issues on the Piwigo forum? 

I am giving Vladimir the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the issue is a technical one. However, at a certain point if he continues to take money through PayPal but does not complete the transaction with a serial number - that's fraud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a screenshot of the non-functioning serial number retrieval tool. Note the message at the bottom informing us that the plugins directory on alloyphoto.com does not exist. That is what makes me think that the site may have been hacked.

AlloySerialNumberTool.jpg

Below is a screenshot of the non-functioning contact form on the website

AlloyContact.jpg

In addition, there has been no response from Vladimir to direct emails or to the message I sent him in PayPal. That was five days ago, on 1/4/22. In a few days I will escalate this to a refund request, although as I said, I would much prefer to receive valid serial numbers for the two plugins I purchased. Vladimirʻs Lightroom plugins are of high quality and are not duplicated anywhere else. It would be a shame if they were no longer available. If I receive serial numbers I will certainly report that here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar experience with the Nextgen plugin for Lightroom. No replies from Vladimir, no working serial retreival page. I asked refund from Paypla now. Strang, since Vladimir was always very helpfull and fast in his support whenever there was a problem with the plugin. And what is the alternative for this great plugin? 

What a shame! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Vladimir has always been quick to respond and very helpful. If you read the early messages on this thread, it is clear that a similar issue happened in 2019. I am hoping that this time it will be resolved, as it was in 2019. He updated the Lightroom to Piwigo plugin in October, just three months ago, and so whatever has happened must be unexpected and unplanned. I also asked for a PayPal refund, but more importantly, I hope that Vladimir and his site return to normal function. For the two plugins I use, there are no similar replacements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to report that I received the serial numbers for the two AlloyPhoto plugins I updated. As I kept suspecting, the issue was a technical one with Vladimir's server. Now I won't need to figure out another way to get images up to my website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

How did you contact Vlad?

I have tried all these things multiple times in the past 2 weeks but I am not getting "any" response from him:

• his website
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • direct e-mail

But no response 😞 Is this now officially abandonware?

-Raj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you able to find any other LR plugin for exporting from LR to Piwigo?

I have searched, but have not found anything yet.

Although his website is still up and running, it looks like Vlad has abandoned his plugin. His was the only one available out there 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines