• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom plug-ins show as a folders when downloaded

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a zip file with a plug-in for Lightroom, it unzips only as a folder and not as a plug-in file that can be installed. What do I do to make it a .lrplugin?

eeeeeccc.png

[Moved to Lightroom Classic forum by moderator]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Move it into the correct folder and try. I have found that some plugins do indeed look like a folder instead of a file, but they still work just fine. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you are in the 'Lightroom-Ecosystem' forum- Does you question relate to the Cloud based "Lightroom v5.5"?  (Which does NOT support Plugins!)

In Lightroom-Classic v11.5- you do indeed select the Folder when you are adding a Plugin in the Plugin manager.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lr Classic 8.4. Based on YT tutorials, when you extract files from the zip it should create a .lrplugin but I'm getting just a folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows but LrC v8.4?

What version and build of Windows? Some OS limitation preventing upgrade of LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move it into the correct folder and try. I have found that some plugins do indeed look like a folder instead of a file, but they still work just fine. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the right location and everything works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third party plug-ins usualy have instruction at the source website, did you not read those?

for your LREnfuse, see:

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrenfuse.php?sec=install

mind you, those directions state any folder you desire, technically true, but more logical to place in normal LrC created folder along other plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines