• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Preferences Tab to big to click "OK"

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, you can see clearly my issue in my attached picture. My preferences tab is so large that I cannot click "OK" to save my preferences. The window doesn't shrink, and I am unable to move it beyond the top of my screen. This is super frustrating because I can't save a single preference change I need to make, and that means I can't edit photos for the time being. How do I get this window to be smaller? I can't seem to find similar questions anywhere. Thanks for the help! 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot indicates that only the OK and Cancel buttons are cut off.  Hit the Enter/Return key to invoke the OK button and hit Esc (escape) to invoke the Cancel button.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS?

If Windows, are you selecting monitor resolution via GPU settings, or via Windows OS settings.

If via Windows OS settings, are you also using scaling?

Would be better off not scaling, leaving Windows OS resolution at default, and using GPU settings instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not with display scaling in Windows or LR, but rather a Preferences window that is larger than the minimum display height required by Adobe.  

The screenshot shows that Tim's display is 768 pixels high.  On Windows LR, with no display scaling set in Windows and the LR font size set to automatic, the Preferences window is 800 pixels high.   LR's System Requirements specify a minimum height of 768 pixels.  

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Another workaround: Do the menu command Window > Screen Mode > Full Screen.  Then you'll be able to see the tops of the OK and Cancel buttons and click on them:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.53.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still an issue. Shouldn't the Preferences window be restricted to 768 pixels by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines