• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Preferences Window Too Big

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Edit >> Preferences, this is how it looks. Despite the task bar being unlocked and hidden, I can't see Ok and Cancel button. Can't resize the preferences window, hence can't save the changes I made.

Lightroom Classic Version 11.4

Ravi_P_0-1656570519500.png

Can somebody help me with this please?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

I tried different resolutions against prompting against it (by the OS), but that didn't solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried running Lighroom in Windows 8 Compatibility mode but that's not working either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your monitor resolution is set too low to meet the Lightroom Classic specs.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though the minimum required screen size is 1024 x 768, people have reported a number of problems like this at this size.  There are issues even at the next size, 1280 x 1024.  Some workarounds:

- Typing Esc will invoke the Cancel button and close the window. Typing Enter / Return invokes OK to save your changes and close the window.

- Make sure you've got Windows display scaling set at 100%. (You almost certainly do, but double-check.) Right-click the Windows desktop and do Display Settings and set Scale And Layouter to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried different resolutions against prompting against it (by the OS), but that didn't solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*despite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the window you attached as a screen shot: There is no more to that window. You are seeing all options, right down to the last one. And it’s a window, not a dialog box, so there is no OK and Cancel button there.

There may be an issue with not being sure if you can see the bottom of the window, but every available option is shown there.

What does it show for the Presets tab? That one is much deeper, and the bottom section (Lightroom Defaults) has nine buttons. Do you see all of those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike on Mac, on Windows the Preferences window has OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom right and Restart Lightroom Classic button at the bottom left.  

On a 1024 x 768 screen at 100% Windows scaling and the default font size, other than the OK, Cancel, and Restart buttons, the only thing that's totally cut off in Preferences is the Performance > More Performance Tips and the bottom of the expanded Sync Activity section.

johnrellis_0-1656810445675.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I stand corrected…I was looking at a Mac, and did not realize this is one of the places where the two platforms are different in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my own interest in seeing this addressed as a design issue by Adobe. The Preferences window should be redesigned in my opinion. I understand that users can increase screen resolution, but for many people this can only be done by sacrificing readability and image quality using their existing hardware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've already said, I think it should be treated as a design issue to be fixed, but as a work-around you can always press Enter instead of clicking Ok, and Escape for Cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What key do you press for save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do? There is no Save button in LRC when you're editing. The change takes effect immediately.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows, the Preferences window has OK and Cancel buttons:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-preferences-window-too-big/m-... 

Typing Enter will invoke OK, and Esc will invoke Cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, November 26, 2023  ( Running the lastest updates to LRC)

Windows 10 64 bit

As many updates as Adobe has made - why does this presist.

Simply reduce the size to fit on the screen or allow one to "grab" a corner and resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Simply reduce the size to fit on the screen or allow one to "grab" a corner and resize."

The Preferences window can't be resized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines