• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets Not Working After New Install On New Computer. 12.01

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a bug, or something I need to do.  Running Lightroom 12.01 on 2 Surface Pro's one a 7 (older one) and a new Pro 8 (Transferring to)  No matter what I do I cannot get presets to work, expand etc... 

First, I transferred some from old device using export feature on the presets group.  Import them using presets + and group folder shows – BUT cannot expand.  Original presets for Lightroom will not expand.  I do have a RAW image file in, and have tried with jpg and png. and I have done this all with a new catalog as well as tried with importing catalog. 

Trouble Shooting – I have checked that preferences/presets tab and show partially compatible develop presets is checked.  Store presets in his catalog unchecked.  

I go into the Show Lightroom Develop Presets and go into imported settings, and the imported presets are there.  C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\ImportedSettings

I go into the older install of the Pro 7 and look at the presets, and go into show in explorer and it takes me to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\ImportedSettings\ So I mimic this, no change  I do another import, it shows already imported.  

I have uninstalled. and reinstalled same results. 

There is got to be something I am missing but I have read 50 or so how to fix it that say the same thing and those are not working.  Any other ideas. after 6 hours of trying to fix this I give up.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not mention if you clicked on the + symbol and then turned in any presets not turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have clicked the plus and have the presets visible.  The original attached screenshot shows that they are on, even though their are presets in the groups I can't drop the group name down and use a preset.  None of them are greyed out or italics meaning incompatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just now deleted all catalogs, all presets and tried again.  Still cannot even create my own presets - Well they are saved, but not selectable, all I get is the User Preset folder and not able to drop it down and select the created one that was created in that image file.  Ugh this is so frustrating, is Lightroom not compatible with Windows 11 Maybe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so got it finally working, man was difficult.  Basically, I ended up stripping everything out Adobe.  Went into folders and made sure everything was deleted, Adobe.  Then started over from scratch again.  I removed Photoshop, Raw Camera etc... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines