Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom presets only partially compatible after camera upgrade

Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Lightroom Classic 11.01

2. Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.2

3. I have upgraded from a Nikon d750 to Nikon d850 and some of my custom presets are showing as greyed and italicised (which I understand means only partially compatible).

When trying to apply these presets to photos shot on my d850, Lightroom tells me the color profile is missing, however, this exact profile is available and applicable when viewing any photos shot on my d750.

Photos shot on both the d750 and d850 are NEFs.

4. I expect the preset to be fully compatible and the profile to be not be "missing" when working with  photos on shot on my d850. The actual result is that the the preset is only partially compatible and the profile is said to be "missing".

Any assistance would be greatly apreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a preset that calls for a specific profile (of the same name). Question is, that profile, what is the source? And is it for a specific camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect the preset to be fully compatible and the profile to be not be "missing" when working with  photos on shot on my d850. The actual result is that the the preset is only partially compatible and the profile is said to be "missing".

By @Deleted User

Camera profiles are camera model specific. The presets most likely came with camera profiles for the Nikon D750.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines