• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Print Module - Print to File Names

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom's versatile Print module to create a batch of slides for a show I'm preparing. If I use 'Print to file' and then select a folder it will give the folder name to each image and adds a number. Does anyone know of a way to keep the original filename?

Thanks for looking.

Pete Robinson.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Sorry Pete,  I do not know of a way.

Lightroom sees the JPGs from 'Print' as totally new files, and how would the print module name a print that is a Contact Sheet of many images, or a collage of two or more images?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I didn't think there was an option to do it. Perhaps it will become available in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it could be considered a proof sheet if there is more than one image. However, if there is a single image and I choose to print to file, it seems Lightroom would know the name of the image file I am using and prompt that name for the new print filename. The reason I am interested int this is because I want to be able to trace a printed image file back to its source. The way I do that now is to add file information to the print and you see the filename literally printed beneath the image. It is easy enough to type in the original file name if only printing one image to file. But this is impossible when batch printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Lightroom alone cannot use the Filename for a 'Print to JPG' function. (I wish )

See the request posts started 8 years ago at- Lightroom: Option to include Metadata from the most-selected file to images created by "Print to Fil...

BUT there is a great plugin that can-  Lr Mogrify  LR/Mogrify 2 - Add Watermarks, Border and Text Annotions to Images Exported by Adobe Lightroom

This plugin will 'Export' images (in batch) from the Library Grid view with many options, including the usual Rename with any of your Rename presets. Needs some setting up for borders, etc, but it will export with your desired filename.

My example- A green border and Re-name of Sequence-Filename:

ScreenShot358.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to the party, but...

Yes. I have written an Applescript to do just this. I combine the two filenames of the original two images in my layout and change the files that LR produced. It can batch process a fodler full of files.

So

L00000001.DNG

L00000002.DNG

becomes 

L00000001-02.DNG

I also have a script that then adds EXIF data from one of the two DNGs to the JPG files.

Let me know if you want the scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like the script simon_lucas.  can you email marco@marcophotoco.com thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marco, I sent the script. Let's see if it will work with your camera files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines