• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom program seems corrupted

Contributor ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apparently had Lightroom open but computer in sleep mode when electricity died.   I thought it had corrupted the catalog file that was opened, but I can't get a different catalog to open either. Seems like it's the program itself that's corrupted.

I'm wondering if I should download a new copy of Lightroom Classic (assuming I can).

HELP!!!!!!!!!   I'm desperate.

Judy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course you can. In the Creative Cloud app you have the option to uninstall, and then to install. I would first try if resetting the preferences solves this. It's more likely that they got corrupted than the application itself: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you sooo much. It turned out all I needed to do was reboot (embarrassed that I didn’t do that straight off)
Judy

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines