• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom/PS freezing/unresponsive/erratic with LG C1 OLED (not other monitors)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom and Photoshop are nearly impossible to use when I display through my LG C1 OLED on Windows 10. The applications freeze entirely for almost a minute at a time, eventually start responding again but generally do not behave in the normal reliable ways I see with my AOC 4k monitor or Acer 1080p monitor. Menus don't respond when I click them, the entries in the menus flicker repeatedly when they do. The entire masking dialog is useless and can't proceed to the choices of what brushes or other options you want to use. Zoom functions don't work properly, swapping between Fit and 100% zoom is backwards and the other to move the image while zoomed (via the hand icon) is entirely missing and just toggles the zoom.

I've been in contact with tech reps from Adobe at least twice on this and while they were very helpful none of the solutions has lasted longer than a few minutes at best. Changing graphics settings in the OS dialogs helped temporarily, similar changes through LR/PS also helped but not consistently. All these issues persist despite troubleshooting mouse issues related to flickering (replacing the wireless mouse temporarily helped but my wired option has the same issues now.) Refresh rate and image size options for the display haven't made any difference in general.

I haven't been able to find anyone experiencing similar problems with the C1 series and wouldn't mind just using my other 4k display but the OLED really does just look that much better.

Thoughts, help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

The reps didn't suggest that (the changes made were in the Windows performance dialogs) but you were absolutely correct, it worked! Amazingly it isn't any slower running on my ancient i7-4770 than with (an equally underwhelming) GTX 1070. It is very weird that it didn't affect the other monitors. Is there a proper way to report this bug so it can be squashed permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure sounds like a GPU issue, but odd it would only show with the one display. Did Adobe suggest and did you try disabling GPU in preferences? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reps didn't suggest that (the changes made were in the Windows performance dialogs) but you were absolutely correct, it worked! Amazingly it isn't any slower running on my ancient i7-4770 than with (an equally underwhelming) GTX 1070. It is very weird that it didn't affect the other monitors. Is there a proper way to report this bug so it can be squashed permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will follow up with NVIDIA, thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines