• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom "Edit In" not opening images in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to today, I could right click an image I was editing in Lightroom Classic CC and select "Edit In" and then "Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018..." and it would open an instance of Photoshop CC, if one wasn't already open, and then open a TIFF called "<image filename>-Edit<ordinal>.tif" with all my Lightroom edits and what not.

This evening, after updating Photoshop CC, when I right click the image in Lightroom and select "Edit in"and then "Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018..." it will open Photoshop CC but will not open the file...it just stops at the Photoshop Recent File list.

Does anyone know how to get this linked back up again?

I have the following versions:

Windows 7 Professional - SP1

Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (Camera Raw 10.4)

Photoship CC 15.1.5

Thanks,

-Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Did you try to go through menu?  Photo > Edit In > Edit in Adobe Photoshop...  ?

Try maybe launching Photoshop prior to sending an image from Lightroom to Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the Ps version did you relaunch Lr?

Is this happening always? Are you seeing any dialog box after clicking on Edit in->Edit in Photoshop CC 2018? Is this happening on a specific image format?

Venkatesh Penjuri
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Venkatesh Penjuri, Thanks for replying!

Yes, this is happening always.  There are no dialogs or other notifications between clicking the menu item and Photoshop opening.  However, sometimes while Photoshop is opening I see a brief flash of the familiar Photoshop workspace before the Recent Files list replaces it.  This tends to only happen during times when my computer is running slower than normal.  All the file formats I'm using are NEF files from a Nikon D610.

Thanks,

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to go through menu?  Photo > Edit In > Edit in Adobe Photoshop...  ?

Try maybe launching Photoshop prior to sending an image from Lightroom to Photoshop?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marer1976, Thanks for replying!

Very strange.  No, I did not try going from "Photo > Edit In > Edit in Adobe Photoshop...".  So I tried it just now and it worked as usual, not sure why that worked but they ya have it.  Thanks!

Thanks,

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded all software and now can't open lightroom images in photoshop. When I try to open from lightroom I get a message that the file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched. Adobe Photoshop does in fact open when I do this but no image comes. up. I have tried opening using photo > edit > edite in adobe photoshop but that doesn't work either. After a delay of a few minutes I then get a message saying "lightroom was unable to prepared the selected file xxx for editing. I will not be opened." I click Ok and after a delay the image eventually opens. This all takes several minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem loading LrC files to PS2022. Same problem whether I try with a right click or from the Photo menu. Any ideas? It only happens when I select "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments". The error does not happen with I pick either of the other two options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your PS version. It should be 19.1.5 not 15.1.5.

Otherwise uninstall and reinstall PS all done from the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me, Thanks for replying!

You are correct, I miss-typed.  My Photoshop version is 19.1.5

Thanks,

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly started having the same problem yesterday. Camera RAW 15.4.1, Lightroom Classic 12.4, Photoshop 24.7 (Updated 13 days ago), Photoshop Beta 25.0 (Updated 4 days ago)

The most recent update is PS Beta; everything else was updated at minimum, 13 days ago (Photoshop); LRC and Camera RAW would have been updated longer ago than that since their most recent updates aren't showing.

This "feels" like it may have been a side effect from using Edit In... with Photoshop Beta. I had it set that way; tried to do an Edit In... from LRC and it failed to open the image. I used Prefs to switch Edit In... back to Photoshop - same problem. Nothing seems to solve it now. It's definitely an issue with RAW files only, because I can Edit In... with other 3rd party apps that require a TIFF intermediary and it generates and then opens the TIFF intermediary without any issues.

I'm running my LRC catalog from an external SSD, but there shouldn't be any permissions problems. (MacOS 12.6.8, the most recent update, and the SSD mounts on the desktop with "Ignore Ownership" checked. (If that's not checked, LRC has it's own problems with the drive and stumbles over generating previews once the catalog initially opens. So it's not "that").

The only thing I haven't tried yet is a full restart. Is there anything else anyone can think of to fix this? (My guess is that the problem will also go away the next time Camera RAW is updated, but we'll see).

Weird and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines