Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom randomly replaces new Imports with older photographs

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Lightroom Classic regularly chooses random photos which show up correctly in the Import window, but as soon as I click import, they are replaced (both the JPEG thumbnail and the full size RAW file) by a random older photograph from my Library.

I have tried renaming the files, copying them from other places, importing them again, and always get the same result. If I open the Raw files with any other program, I get the correct picture, but Lightroom Classic will only show the older photograph it has somehow linked to.

If I create a virtual copy in Lightroom, the correct image briefly shows up in the thumbnail, and is quickly replaced by the older file.

This is incredibly frustrating, as it happens for 1-2 photos with nearly every import (100 photos on average), and often they are pictures people are waiting for.

I also find it very frustrating that there is no way to directly contact customer support for a product I'm paying a monthly fee for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping someone else has had this issue and figured it out. I've attached screenshots of me creating a virtual copy, where you can see the original picture on the right being quickly replaced by the older one on the left.

If not, any ideas for a Lightroom alternative?

I'm using Lightroom Classic (v. 12.0.1) on a MacBook Pro running MacOS (v. 12.5.1).

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Stephen

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?