• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom reducing my image quality after importing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so my issue is that when I zoom in on a picture on my mac, the image is crystal clear quality and I can see the smallest details. I shoot both in RAW and in JPEG and both images come out with the same crystal clear quality. However, when I import photos into Lightroom CC and zoom in on the picture, its just very pixelated. I've been trying to find ways to fix it but im just lost at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

LR does not auto convert images to DNG unless that is what you select to have happen in the LR Import dialog window. There are four option at the top. Select Copy instead of Copy as DNG.

Import window 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what program are using to view and zoom in on them if they are not yet imported into LR.

From what source are you using to import them into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am zooming in on them on my macbook photos application. And i am importing them by moving the image file from my photos to my documents. Then from documents to Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

farhado60087740 wrote:

I am zooming in on them on my macbook photos application. And i am importing them by moving the image file from my photos to my documents. Then from documents to Lightroom

Then you are not dealing with the original image in LR but some type of copy exported from the Photos app.

I suggest you start by getting your images into a folder on your drive that is not controlled by the Photos app.

In all honesty if you want to use LR stop using the Photos app and do all your importing into LR first from your cameras memory card or your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I GOT IT. So turns out importing straight from SD did actually work and produced the same image quality. Thanks so much for your help!  You're a life saver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR does not auto convert images to DNG unless that is what you select to have happen in the LR Import dialog window. There are four option at the top. Select Copy instead of Copy as DNG.

Import window 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this solved it. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and the above didn't help either.

When importing I had to select 1:1 preview, on the top right section, that was the key adjustment that worked for me.

Note this will increase the importing process, specially in high res camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a similar issue recently when importing 'large' Canon R5 RAW files. Regardless of wether or not the files are viewed directly from the memory card or if the files are first imported to my hard drive and then viewed with Lightroom the result is the same. So chosing which files are the best for improting into Lightroom is not possible as zooming in to check each image sharpnes will result in a hopless pixely image. I tried selecting 1:1 preview and the other sugestions above but the result is the same. My workround is to import all the files (if there are not too many) and then delete the ones I dont want before processing. Once the images are imported there is no pixely effect. If I have many RAW files to sort through then I have to pick the ones I want to keep first with Canon's DPP program which works fine. I am wondering if the problem is a Lightroom bug as I did not have this problem earlier when importing RAW files taken with a Canon 7D mark II and a Canon 5D mark IV, and Lightroom has been recently updated several times since then anyway. If anybody is still expeiencing the same issue, or really has fixed the same one as I am describing, it would be good the hear from you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  It's my first time using lightroom, so I'm not sure if this is user error.  I have a chromebook, so I have the Google Play version of the Lightroom App.  I uploaded all of my photos directly from my SD card into the Lightroom App.  I was planning on sorting through them in there as I don't have a good system for culling yet.  And I noticed that even for the photos that are perfectly in focus and look great other places, are just pixally in LR. HELP?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines