• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom running but not running

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been trying to open Lightroom Classic in order to edit my images, I have the latest version on my laptop. But there is no sign of the desktop, splash screen or anyhting. Yet when I go in to system manager it says that it is running and the tab on my menu bar at the bottom says that it is open but still there is nothing there. I am running an old windows laptop that is fully updated. Photoshop opens and works well enough maybe a little slow due to the ammount of RAM that I have on the laptop. 

The only thing I can think of is that I did download the other version of lightroom by mistake at one point, could that be a reason why it is not opening? 

I have also uninstalled my Creative Cloud app, as well as the last update of Lightroom Classic and I have also gone back one update of LR to see if that has made any differnce alas to no avail.

Please can someone help me? 

Thanks in advance Paul.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some notes

I have the latest version on my laptop.

Often a miss-statement in this comminity. We need to know exactly what program name and exactly what version. For this community page, that would be Lightroom Classc v10.3. Not Lightroom, not Lightroom CC, not v6

Oh, I can assume that you have Windows from the discussion info this wweb site includes, but Windows 10? Current version? For all I know from your posting, you could have the latest greatest Windows 8 

I am running an old windows laptop that is fully updated.

Also, can be incorrect. Often members think that because they have auto updates running, they have the latest OS. We need acyual OS name, OS version and/or OS build. For example Windows 10 version 10.0.19043

Photoshop opens and works well enough

Utterly meaningless. Comparing Apples to Oranges. Two very different programs. LrC being far more of a resource hog than PS. And PS being better at using multi cores on CPU's, RAM, VRAM.

The only thing I can think of is that I did download the other version of lightroom by mistake at one point, could that be a reason why it is not opening?

By that do you mean Lightroom (aka Lightroom Desktop, aka Lightroom Cloudy) as opposed to Lightroom Classic? Then, no.

I have also uninstalled my Creative Cloud app, 

By that, do you mean the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA)?

Did you reinstall it?

If your PS is running, then I assume you did, and that you are signed in via ACCDA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currentley running Lightroom Classic V 10.3, Windows 10 not sure 100% of the version but I have just tried to update it, by running Windows updates.

I understand that comparing Photoshop to Lightroom is 'Apples to Oranges' but I just thought might help somehow as they are both Adobe software.

I did uninstall the cloud by ACCDA and I have reinstalled the same way.

So can anyone help me with my issue please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look to see if the lock file existed. When you start a LrC session, LrC creates a lock file that it places in the same folder as your catalog. When you properly close LrC, the lock file gets deleted. If LrC crashes, or you force quit it, the lock file does not get deleted. If the lock file exists, LrC will not open the catalog, and it may look like LrC did not start.

As previously stated, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check everything through tomorrow at some point off to bed and work early tomorrow thanks again for your help.

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, please excuse the late reply to this,I have had a busy few weeks with family issues. I woul just like to say thank you all for your help with my issue. I have folloewd what the first post has and link has told me to do and, touch wood it has worked fine.

Thank you,

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines