• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom's new masking tool workflow

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched 4 videos about the replacement of the selective tools with masking and I (think) I undestand how to use them, except for dealing with the luminance and color ranges that have been elevated to "independent status:"

Assume that I have an entire field of lilies with orange anthers and I only want to increase the saturation of the anther in only one specific lily. In the previous Lightroom Classic version I would place a radial filter in the center of the target flower, choose color range and point to one of the anthers within the radial filter. 

How would I apply a selective color adjustment such as this in the current Lightroom version?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply a Global Luminance or Color mask, then click on the [Subtract] button to Brush away the mask in areas where not wanted.  There are sure to be other methods 🙂

Example- I want to color one pink flower as 'Green'-

Color Range mask selects all 'Pink', the subtract Brush removes mask from other 'pink' flowers.

2021-11-14 14_30_55-Window.jpg  2021-11-14 14_30_45-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this is what I was guessing the method might be but I was hoping that I could leave the subtraction to Lightroom's AI 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply your Radial or Brush, or whatever as you like, then you want to apply an Intersect to it Intersect Mask with)  select color range. (click on the three dots ...)

In case you did not watch the following video, and as Intersection is used in it, I suspect not. Long but mote inclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fld8eEHsE

intersect at  about 42.27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all, This is one video that I did noy watch, I will try to learn more about the Intersect masking method!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines