Lightroom should support jp2 if Photoshop does.

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop supports/saves jp2000 s; Lightroom should as well. Simple as that.

I don't need any editing functions, just to import and share them in a catalog.

Dang, i/Photo handles them, which we used as a pitiful substitute until the app no longer supported pdf.

jp2 is standard in most digital archives/libraries, so Lightroom support or a shareware plug-in would be much appreciated.  BTW: if you've never come across the format you're missing out on millions of high-res, copyright-free materials. Check out archive.org and you'll be advocating big time.

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we're not Adobe, we can't add features to the software. You have to submit a feature request to Adobe.

The philosophy I have heard people from Adobe talk about (in Adobe videos) is that Lightroom Classic is for photos that come out of a camera (and common derivative files like TIF), and I don't think jpeg2000 files come out of any camera on the market today. So if that's correct, there's really no chance of them adding jpeg2000 support.

Photoshop has always supported non-camera formats. Which is entirely a different philosophy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're curious enough, you can try this rather dated Windows only plugin (Jpeg2000 Reader for Adobe® Lightroom)

https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/JP2Index.php

I've never tried it so I've no idea if it works. If you do, let us know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines