• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom shows wrong lens for raw file

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LR to the newest version 11.5 and all my images that I have taken with a Canon 16-35mm f4 lens now show "DT 16-35mm f4 SAM" lens. I don't even know what kind of lens this is? Why did the name of the lens used change within the raw file? If I select Canon it also doesn't recognize the lens automatically. 

Best regards
JSC

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect DT 16-35mm f4 SAM is a Sony Lens

Inquiry:

What specific camera? Mirrorless?

While the following link shows support for your lens, it may or not be supported on your camera. Mirrorless ones can be at issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 

Additional Inquiry:

In the lens Corrections does it show that "Built-in Lens Profile applied" ?

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Sony A7 mirrorless but with Sigma Adapter. The last couple of years it worked without any problem. But since this update the actual Raw file is shown as "DT 16-35mm f4 SAM". I didn't change anything on the catalogue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using different brand lenses via an adapter has always been a challenge for Lightroom, because it the camera that writes the lens information into the metadata of the raw file. Lightroom only reads those metadata and interprets them. That interpretation is what you see in the metadata panel in the catalog. Nothing changed in the raw file itself, unless you are talking about only newly imported images that have this change.

Changing the metadata is not so easy (you need to use a plugin), but changing the lens correction panel is. Select the correct Canon lens manually, then select 'Save New Lens Profile Defaults' under setup.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines