• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Slow and not reacting to edits

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say that since I updated LR Classic, It's been acting all glitchy. It won't let me apply settings to photos, won't let me publish, it gets "stuck" on one photo even though im scrolling to another one. I don't know what to do. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help!

Could you please share the version of Lightroom Classic (Help > About Lightroom Classic) along with the operating system you are working on? Please specify the type of images you are working on. Are they JPEG or RAW images? Does it happen with recently imported images only, or do all images behave similarly? Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?

Follow these steps to check if the GPU/graphics processor to narrow down the issue.

• Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance on Windows, or Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance on macOS.
  • Change 'Use Graphics Processor' from Auto or Custom to 'OFF' and click OK to save.
  • Restart Lightroom Classic.

If this improves the performance, please check this article to troubleshoot GPU related issues in Lightroom Classic: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

To set up Lightroom Classic for best performance as per your needs, please check this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 11.2

Mac os 12

RAW images

It's on/off...no pattern of new images or old. It sometimes freezes on some images, sometimes it "flags" images on delay. I'll flag an image and it won't read it in the moment, but then it will.

I haven't done any troubleshooting, all i've done is the GPU/graphics that you mentioned because I read about it somewhere else. But it didn't fix it 

Should I try re-setting preference file? Photography is my full time job so I need to use lightroom but also don't want to delete something i'm not supposed to.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting preferences is one of the first things you should try when LrC starts misbehaving.

BTW, can you provide details on your computer, memory, type of disk (spinning or SSD) on which your catalog is stored. If an iMac, then what year and screen size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Simplylively wrote:

…won't let me publish… 

There does seem to be a problem with Publish Services, many have commented on it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-m1-update-publish-collection-stalls/idi-p/12...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines