• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom sometimes changes orientation inadvertently

Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just finished shooting a stopmotion sequence of several hundred images, which I shot using Capture One (because it's much better at shooting Tethered ! Lightroom please take note !!)
The camera was working horizontally to the ground so it's orientation was not obvious to the software - however in the C1 settings I stipulated the orientation and after that all the pictures imported into C1 the right way around.
Then I transferred all images into the adobe LR environment and orientation went all over the place.
Landscape, vertical and some upside down.
Given the number of images involved I would appreciate a simple fix to stop this occurring and/or fixing it when it does occur.

[Moved to a new thread by moderator, removing this post from a 10 years old bug report]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up to my last post I am using LR Classic 13.1 and the pix are all jpgs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@davidg44737659, attach here two sample JPEGs, one for which LR displays the correct orientation and one which displays the wrong orientation.  You've posted in a very old bug report that Adobe says was fixed a long time ago, and your issue is likely different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines