• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom stand alone to Lightroom Classic on the creative cloud

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Lightroom as a stand alone version on my PC.  What happens to my stand alone version when I upgrade to the creative cloud and if I want to discontinue the creative cloud, will my stand alone version still work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more information is needed. What are you currently running?

Assuming you are running Lightroom 6, then when you upgrade to Lightroom Classic, your catalogue is converted to a new format. This breaks any returning to Lr6 unless to choose to restore a backup from before you upgraded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thoughts. Thanks. I currently have Lightroom 4.0.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to watch this video by Laura Shoe on upgrading from previous versions of Lr ro LrC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZbZU1-aIg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no going back, but why would you want to? Previous versions of LR are now "frozen" and no longer supported by Adobe, which means new cameras are not supported, and any OS compatibility issues that will inevitably arise as Microsoft and Apple continue releasing new operating systems will eventually leave you stuck without a solution. And, of course, you don't get any new features. Adobe invests in rolling out new and useful features frequently to ensure that we feel we're getting our money's worth. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines