Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Subscription

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wanted to check if I can use the lightroom membership which I buy in my Iphone in my macbook. The subscription cost in app store is $7.99 per month for lightroom and while I'm looking at my macbook it shows $14.29. So, if you can let me know the subriscption I buy in my phone can be used on both of the devices. Thanks 

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it cannot be used on your MacBook. The Premium subscription is for mobile devices only. The other subscription is for both computers as well as mobile devices, though. You do not have to get both of them. Also please note that there are two different subscriptions for the computer. The one you show is mainly for using Lightroom Classic (and Photoshop). The other one (called 'Lightroom') is for Lightroom desktop, with 1 TB cloud space. That version is more or less the desktop version of Lightroom mobile, so more familiar if you already use Lightroom mobile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the premium plan that you can buy on your iPhone does NOT include Lightroom on the desktop. You need to buy the $9.99 (US) per month Lightroom Plan via your MacBook in order to get the Lightroom Desktop app (and LrMobile with all premium features) plus 1TB of cloud space.

I'm confused by your screenshot, however, as that suggests that PS is also included, so be careful which plan you decide to buy....there are two different plans for the desktop, the Lightroom Plan as above, and also the Photography Plan. The latter includes all the Lightroom cloud apps, but also includes Lightroom Classic (the traditional version which uses local storage) and Photoshop, but only includes 20GB of cloud space.

For an explanation of the differences, see this article: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines