Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Thumbnails

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you convert LR thumbnails into a JPeg that can be edited and exported?  
reason why I ask, I accidentally deleted photos off my external hard drive after they were imported into Lightroom classic, so they are in LR.. I do not have the ordinal photo so I am not able to edit and export. 
-Kathy

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is use your backups.

If you don't have backups (well, you need to resolve to start making backups immediately, no delays, no excuses) then you can obtain low resolution versions of your original photos (these are the thumbnails) by using this free plug-in: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

As suggested by dj_paige, please check if you have a back-up of the images that you're referring. If you have a back-up then you can relink the images to the previews in Lightroom. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,
I hit the ‘undo 600 images’ on an IMac, to correct something and they were deleted off my external hard drive, accidentally!
So, the 600 images are gone, apparently. Just the LR thumbnails are left, unable to edit or send. Helpppp!!
What I’m asking is : can the Lightroom thumbnail of the image be converted to a jpeg, without the original file ??
-Thanks,
Kathy

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines