• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom to photoshop import not working

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated PS and LC and now when I try to open a file in photoshop from Lightroom, it just creates a copy in lightroom and won't open in PS. I have a ton of posters I'm trying to put together and I need to be able to transfer files to photoshop! HELP!!!! 

Computer is Dell XPS running Windows 10

Right click on photo, select edit in - adobe photoshop - Results in a second copy in Lightroom and doesn't open in photoshop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall PS

Reinstall PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work for me in either the updated Lightroom Desktop or Classic. Classic will eventually open a file after about 3 or 4 attempts. Errors read "couldn't launch Photoshop" and then "Lightroom couldn't prepare the file for export". The prompt window for editing with Lr changes or a copy never loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue if anyone has any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is currently a known bug that has nothing to do with this old thread. Wait for an update, expected soon.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work... I think it might have something to do with the fact that when your select "edit in" the photoshop option still says "edit in photoshop 2021" and this is the 2022 version? 
I managed to work around by exporting the photos to jpgs and saving and then pulling those files into photoshop. A bunch of extra steps, but at least I can keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall PS first?

Try again, this time, after the uninstall, double check that no older copy if PS exists.

Also, this time, turn the computer off, then back on as to cause a cold boot, 

Then install PS

Incidentally, after you install PS, double check that ACR 14 was installed. Been an issue causing a different problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the menu says 'Edit in Photoshop 2021', then either you have not yet updated Photoshop, or you have now two versions of Photoshop and Lightroom points to the old one. Uninstall the old version if that is the case.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Edit in Photoshop2022 with Lightroom Adjustments. Mine does say PS2022 and I have uninstalled the prior version of PS and LrC and then reinstalled the new versions. I have Camera Raw v14.0.1, PS2022 v23.0.1 and LrC v11.0 running. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC Message 1.jpg

This is the message that I get in LrC after about a minute or two of waiting. I get this even though PS2022 does start up though the file does not open in PS2022. Then, if I click OK then the photo will open in PS2022. However, I note that I don't have a histogram if, for example, I try to make a levels adjustment after the file opens in PS2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know it is not exactly the same problema, but I just want to let you know what worked for me.

Here I installed Lightroom CC using Windows Store and Photoshop 2022 using Adobe Cloud.

This way I had the same problem where I asked to open a photo in Photoshop and got an error.

I uninstalled Lightroom CC and reinstalled it using Adobe Cloud and now it works fine.

Best luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of other possible solutions.

1. Sign out then sign in via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App

2. Look at permissions (Troubleshoot user permissions)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

those from: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/the-file-could-not-be-edited-because-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid neither of these new "solutions" solved my issue. I've launched from the Adobe Creative Cloud App, the programs list on my start menu, and a shortcut on the desktop and all have the same result. I created a new Admin account on my computer and tried launching from that account but the same problem arose. I've logged out and back into Adobe but that didn't solve it either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled LrC and PS2022 and no joy.  Uggh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LrC Preferences file as outlined at the below link. Place a copy of the current Preferences file on your desktop so it can be easily restored if of no help.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that didn't work either. I tried both methods of resetting the LrC preferences described in the link. The problem only occurs when I try to send to PS2022 using the "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments" option. The problem does not occur if I try to send to PS2022 with "Edit a Copy" or "Edit Original". But, I want to Edit with my Lightroom Adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some have tried resetting the Photoshop preferences/settings

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

or, if not worrying about a backup

https://www.howtogeek.com/724968/how-to-reset-adobe-photoshop-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that doesn't work either. Interestingly though, when I went in to look at my preferences file I noted that there was also a folder called Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming folder. I deleted the folder for PS2021 and reset the PS2022 preferences through the Edit/Preferences/General option but still no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a fix to this? I'm having the exact same issue and nothing has fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines