• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to the Photos App.

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move my edited photos into specific folders inside the Photos App. so that I can then send them to "Motif" of "Mimeo Photos" to create a calendar or book?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

There are NO Folders or Images INSIDE LR.

LR is a Database program that references your images from the folder they are in on your hard drives.

To get LR EDITED images into the Apple Photos app you first need to Export those edited images to a separate folder on your drive.

All Edits done in LR are store in the catalog file and NOT in or with the original image file. LR Never changes the original file. It just overlays the edits you have done and displays them On Screen.

To get those edits in an act

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way,

In Lightroom, in the Library module, over in the Folders Panel, Click on the + symbol, Select Add folder, navigate to the desired directory/sub-directory (folder), select it. Back in Library module, move the files from wherever they are into the folder you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I don't need to create any new folders, I need to move existing LR folders or collections into Apple's "Photos" app.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to export your selected photos from Lightroom, usually as jpegs, to the desktop or to a new folder/sub-folder. Then add the duplicates to the Photos App.

Select (highlight) the images in the Photos app and if you have already installed the Mimeo extension from the app store simply click the plus icon to the right of My Projects. The Mimeo choice should be listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are NO Folders or Images INSIDE LR.

LR is a Database program that references your images from the folder they are in on your hard drives.

To get LR EDITED images into the Apple Photos app you first need to Export those edited images to a separate folder on your drive.

All Edits done in LR are store in the catalog file and NOT in or with the original image file. LR Never changes the original file. It just overlays the edits you have done and displays them On Screen.

To get those edits in an actual image, to Burn, Include, the edits into the file, for other programs to see them you need to Export the original to a New file.

Once you do that and place those edited, Exported, images in a separate folder then in the Apple Photos app you can import them, make your book and send it to the publisher for printing.

Apple Photos CAN NOT READ the edits done in LR. So the only way to get edited images into Photos is to first Export them and then load those exported, edited, images into Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines