• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom unable to stitch all photos

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came back from my sunrise flight and wanted to stitch some panos I took.

I've not really had an issue with this before but today I have 4 photos all of them unable to be stitched.

It says that some images were unable to merge.

I've done noting different as I normally do.

DJI Mini 2 - RAW files

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v 4.4

Mac Big Sur v11.5.2

MBP 2015 13 inch 

Does this have anything to do with recent Adobe Lightroom update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it had to do with the update. I think your problem is that you are flying, so the camera is not in the same position, and the photos do not overlap properly, so the merge fails. Merges do work if the camera mover a tiny bit, as in handheld situations, but if you get too far off, it won't be able to merge them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres another example showing the images have overlap.

Screenshot20210823at20.42.39-90f2813b-4730-489a-848f-1317f546a520-701378720.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot attached
Screenshot20210823at20.38.45-0b7fef1b-e88d-42bd-ba98-ec3e050ebb2e-1297029068.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richard_kain . Hi Richard. I use DJIs pano feature so the drone does it accurately automatically. I have a series of albums with like 1% flaw rate. However today. Drone took panos no different. They all overlap as I seen each file. Today 50% of my panos taken haven’t been able to stitch. Lightroom just says. X out x images unable to merge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple others have reported problems stitching DJI panoramas:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/dji-mavic-pro-blur-pano-when-stitching/... 

In those cases, the DJI camera was incorrectly recording the exposure for some of the photos. (LR relies on correct exposure information for doing the merge.)   

Next troubleshooting steps:

- Upload a sample set of photos to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.  We can poke around in detail to see where the problem might be (in LR or the camera's metadata).

- Try doing Photo > Edit In > Merge To Panorama In Photoshop. Does that give good results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOme of the images have very little structure to them to make overlap. Image 7 for example I would not expect to stitch with the rrest very well. The panorama stitcher is notoriously bad at finding overlap in images that have a flat horizon and little detail below the horizon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came back from my sunrise flight 

As in flying your Drone, not as in flying Air Alaska. Just to mske sure noone assumes the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your screenshot of images showing the overlap, not sure how first image, second row would stitch to any other image. LrC probably could not include that one at a minimum.

Exclude that one in your selection, attemt the Merge Photo PANO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines