• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom unable to stitch panoramas

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to stitch panoramas with the Photo > Photo Merge> Panorama function. I've used it hundreds of times without any problems. This morning it suddenly would make one (files from a Nikon Z7), but then the tool wouldn't even open. I was using LR Classic 10.2, and thought upgrading might fix it, so now I'm running 10.3. Now I'm trying to stitch a photo shot with a DJI camera, and the "creating panorama" status bar has been sitting at about 75% complete for at least 30 minutes.

In case this is a harbinger of other issues, I was prompted this morning to back up my catalog, and the computer said I didn't have access to my normal backup folder (I'm on an enterprise system). This has never happened before, and I was able to save my backup to my desktop and just moved it to my normal backup folder.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your MACOS?

Did that recently get upgraded?

If so, what version was it before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave. 10.14.6. It's been the same for some time, and we're not going to get clearance to upgrade anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue thinking about would have been MACOS  Catalina on on, so not applicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed what hard drive the catalog is on? 

Have you changed what hard drive the photos are on?

Especially if to an external drive, especially if you did not previously have an external drive

this is MACOS specific, and a wild hunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't moved the catalog, and have not moved the photos. The only time I have them on an external drive is if I move them to the corporate server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried cold booting that computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times. I've tried just doing a restart, and I've shut it down for awhile so it could cool down, just in case. I've also tried turning the graphics processor on and off, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point, I'm hoping when I take the computer home tonight, I can get it to work when I'm off the company network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines