• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Updates Overwrite my Crop Overlay Setting in Develop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my crop setting defaulted to 8x10 and using the aspect ratio to get the overlay at the ends to see what will be cropped out.

EVERY time there is an update to Lightroom it resets everything and I have to spend half an hour or more trying to refigure out how I set it up.

Is there a way I can save my custom settings somewhere where they won't always be overwritten with an update?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware it was possible to have the crop tool default to any specific aspect ratio. It has always been my understanding that the tool always defaulted to the aspect ratio of the original full-sized image, and that it was necessary to select any other aspect ratio desired. At least that is always the way it has seemed to be on my computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Nowadays custom defaults have to be in a preset and presets cannot contain crop settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop Setting.jpg

I don't know HOW I got it back, but if you look on the ends of the crop area where it says 4x5 there are lines that indicate the area which will be cropped out when printing.  I may not have used my words right but this is what I want to know how to save because every Lightroom update somehow destroyes this and I have to bumble my way through to get it working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if this is what you are referring to are not. When the crop tool is activated you can press the O key to toggle through the different crop overlays that are available, and aspect ratio is one of the overlays that will display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines