• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom upgrade video problems

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have been a Lightroom Classic (LRC) user for many years, and have endured slower and slower performance as features were added.  About a year ago, I bought a new laptop and was very pleased with how well LRC performed on my new machine. But I expected a 4 CPU system (Intel Core i7) with 16GB of RAM and an SSD to perform well.  I knew that the integrated graphics card (Intel UHD) wasn't great, but didn't expect that to be a major roadblock.

Last week I was running LRC Version 11.2, and had no issue editing photos.  I upgraded to version 11.3 today, and LRC no longer works.  The program suggests a driver update for the video card (that is not available) but tech support told me that the Intel UHD graphics card was not supported!!!  They suggested that a graphics performance benchmark of 2,000 was required, and that my card operates at a measly 448.

I am appalled that a "dot version upgrade" from LRC 11.2 to LRC 11.3 suddenly requires a graphics card that is nearly 5 times faster!!  This isn't acceptable.  I might understand if a major version upgrade dramatically increased system requirements, but it is incomprehensible to me that a dot upgrade can cause such damage. 

Has anyone else encountered and (hopefully) solved this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I upgraded to version 11.3 today, and LRC no longer works."

Support is blowing smoke (not uncommon) -- LR 11.3 will work correctly with an older integrated graphics chipset (though sometimes not as fast as if you had newer graphics hardware).  

What do you mean precisely by "no longer works"?  Does the program abruptly terminate (crash) when you start it, or can you open your catalog but don't see your photos, or what?  Details matter -- based on your answer, we can give different viable workarounds.

[Others, please don't contribute answers until @mth412 provides more details.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines