• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom v 10.3 malfunctioning!

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is ruining my days!  I've never had problems like this!

It exports some images without adjustments.

It leaves out the crop angle on export sometimes.

It twists things into all contortions when Transform is used, even though at first the image appears right.  Later when I open it up the image is all messed up, and I can't get back to original.  Crazy vignettes, blacks and vibrance settings go to max.

It removes ratings from photos.

There may be more, but my brain is so sore I may not be able to remember them all!  

PLEASE HELP with these unusual issues.  I can't finish any of my work! Thanks.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step you should try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

If this doesn't help try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Lightroom 10.3 problem!  I just recently moved everything from my old computer to a new computer.  When I open Lightroom 10.3 now, all my images and edits are showing, but there is no history available in develop.  I can reset all settings on an image and see the original, but cannot step backwards unless I do a reset.  Also, the image that shows in library view is the original, but the image that shows in the develop view is the one that has the edits!  When I export the library image, it exports not the original but the edited one showing in develop.Very frustrating! Can you help?  Thanks so much! Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this detailed article which provides detailed info on procedures for moving Lightroom Classic to a new computer. You may be able to get the answer to your question. I believe you did not copy the Catalog file from the previous computer to the new computer. The catalog file will contain all the info from the work you completed on your previous computer it ends with the extension .lrcat (dot LRCAT)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. You are right, I didn't start Lightroom with the old catalogue file.

Meanwhile, I have done work on a number of folders since I migrated to the new computer.  Will opening with the Old catalogue wipe out what I have done here?

Sorry to be such a bother, but I'm definitely between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks so much for your help, Denis.

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote. “OK. You are right, I didn't start Lightroom with the old catalogue file.

Meanwhile, I have done work on a number of folders since I migrated to the new computer.  Will opening with the Old catalogue wipe out what I have done here?”

Explain what you did when you opened the new Catalog? Did you re - import the old images? Did you have “automatically write to XMP selected” so you retrieved your edits?

Explain so other users who may have recovered from a similar mishap can offer some help.

P.S. Always keep in mind that the Catalog file is like the brain of a human body, if you damage it strange things will happen. When you are working with the Lightroom application it is reading writing to the Catalog file every thing is stored there. Writing metadata to the file or sidecar is a secondary function and is utilised when sharing metadata and edits with other Adobe applications and some third party apps.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Lightroom, PS, and CC on my new computer.

Then I imported the images I had downloaded to the new computer.

I do not know if I had "automatiaclly write to XMP selected or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had your problems, I would-

First try Step 6) below.

If not successful start at Step (1

1) Backup the Catalog

2) Un-install LrC with the CC Desktop App. Sign out of the App

3) Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool CLEANER TOOL LINK 

4) 'Clean' Adobe Apps from your system.

5) Re-install CC Desktop App and LrC

6) Restart Lightroom-Classic with a Preferences Reset Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Lightroom 10.3 problem!  I just recently moved everything from my old computer to a new computer.  When I open Lightroom 10.3 now, all my images and edits are showing, but there is no history available in develop.  I can reset all settings on an image and see the original, but cannot step backwards unless I do a reset.  Also, the image that shows in library view is the original, but the image that shows in the develop view is the one that has the edits!  When I export the library image, it exports not the original but the edited one showing in develop.Very frustrating! Can you help?  Thanks so much! Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did restart Lightroom with a Preferences reset.  Now I don't know what to do with the preferences, and it has not made any differences that I can see.

The only history on most of my photos is import date of 7/14 when I first imported all the images from the old drive.

There are so many things here I don't understand.

Could I take the folders that I have recently created, and that do have history on them, and export those as a separate catalogue to my laptop? Then do something with current photos left?

Then work on the folders left (about 100,000 photos)?

I do have another catalogue file that I imported to this computer from the old one.

I thought I had saved xmp's to all my photos before I left the old computer, but I don't see them.

This is all scary stuff, as I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Thanks for your help. G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At mgailb, is it possible for you to confirm that the original folder structure has been copied to the new computer and that the folders and image files have not been renamed? If so then maybe another user can offer some more advice so you can reconnect the previous Catalog file.

I have not had experience in restructuring an earlier Catalog.

My thought would be to open the old Catalog on the new computer and reconnect to the image files. 

Close Lightroom, then you can go the new Catalog double click that Catalog Lightroom will boot and open the Catalog, select the additional images that you have worked on and export as a Catalog.

Return to the earlier Catalog and use the “option from Catalog” and select the Catalog file that you created with the export. That should connect the additional work that you did.

This is just my thought and I am not certain it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines