Lightroom V 11.5 graphic card message

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom V11.5. Windows 10 Business edition. Lenovo Thinkpad T450S

I have been getting this message appearing after a recent Lightroom upgrade(see attachment).

I don't believe it can be updated as a further message suggests that the Graphics card driver has been customised by Lenovo.

If the Graphics card driver cannot be update were does that leave me? With an unstable system? Unusable Lightroom? etc.

LightroomMessage.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lenovo Flex 5 with the same problem.  Lenovo SW says there is no graphics card upgrade available. I can update Microsoft drivers manually but it says don't do that, to contact Lenovo instead.  I contacted Lenovo: "From our records we can see that the warranty has now expired. We are happy to offer you an Out of Warranty solution that meets your needs." Options are to start over or buy a warranty. Not much help.

If the Graphics card driver cannot be update were does that leave me? With an unstable system? Unusable Lightroom? etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable the graphics processor in Lightroom, which should allow you to continue to work in Lightroom using your current driver.

Go to Lightroom's Preferences, under Performance, and change the setting for Use Graphics Processor to "Off." Then restart Lightroom.

2022-08-28_18-46-24.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turning of GPU acceleration in Lightroom preferences > performance tab on your ThinkPad will have little or no effect. You will only see any noticeable performance enhancement if you are using a 4 or 5K monitor. If you get no update for the driver then just turn it off.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.5, Lr 5.5, Ps 23.5.1, ACR 14.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines