• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom V11 update and catalog is missing

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom classic updated to V11-2 and now my catalog has the folders but no images or edits. Hopefully I have not lost the edits. Any help would be appreciated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing is to use the "Update Folder Location" command which is a contextual menu in Library you can select from the root (or if necessary each) folder. Images back?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the update folder location command? I have a similar problem. I have updated lightroom and lost my catalogue too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julia222095516t7a wrote:

what is the update folder location command? I have a similar problem. I have updated lightroom and lost my catalogue too

'Update folder location' has nothing to do with a lost catalog. If you have 'lost' the catalog, then usually Lightroom has only lost its location (and thus created a new one), so the only thing you need to do is choose 'File - Open Catalog' and find the original catalog manually.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture of the Library Module with the folder panel in view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V11-2 suggests that somehow your version 11 catalog was upgraded again. That isn't right, because version 11 is the latest version. Try to locate the V11 catalog and see if you can open that one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By default, Lightroom Classic opens the most current catalog at startup. This behavior can be changed to opening a different catalog or to always prompting you to choose a catalog.

Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Lightroom Classic > Preferences (Mac OS).

In the General tab, choose one of the following from the When Starting Up Use This Catalog menu:

Load Most Recent Catalog

Opens the most recent catalog you've been working with.

Prompt Me When Starting Lightroom

Opens the Select Catalog dialog box at startup so you can choose.

A catalog in the default location

Lightroom Classic lists all of the catalogs in \Pictures\Lightroom (Windows) or /Pictures/Lightroom (Mac OS) for you to choose.

Other

Allows you to navigate to a specific catalog file (.lrcat) and select it as the default catalog to open at startup.

Would recommend that you select Prompt. Then you can choose what catalog upon starting LrC.

and see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-catalogs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines