• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom -v12.Ircat files to Dropbox issues

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my LRC, and my files was asked to upgrade to -v12.Iract.

After I worked with the photos and was trying to upload the files to Dropbox, 

there was a message pop out and said there were some .log files can't be supported by dropbox which never happened before with the old version.

I tried to continue with the upload by ignoring those .log files, and then found out the files were incomplete....some of them were like the original status, 

not the retouched version as it should be on my computer.

I am hoping Adobe can slove this issue along with Dropbox asap since many professional photographers use LRC and Dropbox to work.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the files to Dropbox, how? Describe in detail, step-by-step, leaving nothing out.

And also please be specific: what files did you try to upload to Dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog, our office needs to share files by Dropbox.

Normally I just drag onto dropbox, now(after upgraded) it would pop-out a window says some of the .log files are not compatible with Dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my 2nd question. What files did you upload to Dropbox? What .log files are connected to LrC? Please provide information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the Author of the thread, just a thought to consider if you are going to use Dropbox, what you add to the Dropbox folder will be synced to cloud storage, however you will need to use the settings to retain images on your computer. Why, because LrC needs access to the files on your computer it will not work with the files in Cloud Storage. Neither the original image files or the Catalog and supported files like previews and data files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, but our office had been sharing LCR catalog through Dropbox for a long time, this issue only occurs now (after upgraded). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply, but our office had been sharing LCR catalog through Dropbox for a long time, this issue only occurs now (after upgraded). 

By @倚慧26965701vny1

Extremely dangerous thing to do, many people have had catalog corruption by doing this with Dropbox and similar services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines