• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Watermarks No Longer Appear on Exported Photos

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic (11.1) on my MacBook.  I have created and used both graphic and textual watermarks for years.  In early December I created additional ones (graphic) for use in 2022.  I have used these new ones hundreds of times.  Today, suddenly, no watermarks (including the new and the old) are appearing on any exported photos.  The "Watermark" box is checked in the Export Dialog, as always.  

I have not changed any settings on my MacBook.  I have not installed a new OS or any new software.  I have not changed any settings in Lightroom.  I've closed Lightroom and reopened it.  No help.  I've rebooted the laptop.  No help.  I can see all of these watermarks in the "Adobe" Directory in Finder.  

Can anyone provide any suggested solution?  Many thanks for your assistance!

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The single biggest reason a graphical watermark 'suddenly disappears' is that the source file (JPEG or PNG) has been moved/renamed/deleted. The Watermark Template editor knows where a file was when you created the watermark. If you move that file, rename its folder or some similar operation, the Watermark not work. The likely solution is to restore the Watermark Template Editor's link to the watermark's new location, name, etc. 

I advise people to create a folder in the same location as presets to contain your bitmapped watermark sources so that the temptation to move/rename/delete is less. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rick.  I didn't modify, in any way, the location of these watermarks, but I would certainly be interested to learn how to "restore the Watermark Template Editor's link to the watermark's . . . location," as you suggest.  Is there a way to do that without "editing" all watermarks by re-creating them?  (I don't see any mechanism to direct the editor to a particular file location).

Michael 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines