• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom while off line

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a travel photo and videographer and often spend a few weeks in remote locations. I had now several instances where Lightroom would not work because I had no Internet, and it could not validate my license. This is very annoying as I'm paying for the software, and I'm restricted to where I'm geographically using it.

I would hope there is a way around it?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

@stefanf58290378 wrote:

Even with my subscription paid monthly, I should have 60 days of use which would be sufficient but that's not how it works unfortunatelyCleanShot 2022-09-08 at 09.14.27@2x.jpg

It looks like there might be a problem with this Adobe information page. At least until recently, the above quoted schedule only applied if you pay yearly. If you pay monthly, then the grace period was only one month in total. The page used to clearly explain these differences, but now the info about monthly payments is gone. So either

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefanf58290378 wrote:

ok, that is exactly what I'm doing, and I don't have 99 days I don't even have 2 weeks. I updated all Adobe apps before I left, and within 2 weeks no use.

I don't understand your issue. 

You can work offline for at least 99 days. 

Just before you leave, you open your Laptop and log into your account. Now you have at least 99 days before you'll have to do so again. You do not need any access to the web. 

IF you're at day 99 and you need to go another 99 days, you need to log into your account which again, could be done via a cell phone. Rince and repeat. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that it does not work like that for me, if I had 99 days, I would have no issue.

as previously said a week before I left I updated everything and within two weeks I could not use my software anymore

CleanShot 2022-09-08 at 08.34.48@2x.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Your issue may be you're on a month-to-month account? That's a problem! 

Monthly.jpg

Again, how this works is spelled out here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-apps-services-desktop.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct and that's not how it works for me, yes I'm in contact with Adobe now so lets see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with my subscription paid monthly, I should have 60 days of use which would be sufficient but that's not how it works unfortunatelyCleanShot 2022-09-08 at 09.14.27@2x.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefanf58290378 wrote:

Even with my subscription paid monthly, I should have 60 days of use which would be sufficient but that's not how it works unfortunately

What you think you should get and what you will get, as again outlined is what it is; we can't help you any further.

The grace period for monthly subscribers is shown (again) is below:

Monthly.jpg

We are not Adobe. We are end users who volunteer to answer questions. 
The problem you face can be fixed: become an annual subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nop, unfortunately, that's not the solution (one I would be very happy to take up) according to Adobe even though the documentation would indicate it is. And I'm spending now over 2h on the call with Adobe and 3 different departments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to both Adobe and the experience of multiple users including many helping you have provided the facts and solution.

You are welcome to ignore the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefanf58290378 wrote:

It looks like there might be a problem with this Adobe information page. At least until recently, the above quoted schedule only applied if you pay yearly. If you pay monthly, then the grace period was only one month in total. The page used to clearly explain these differences, but now the info about monthly payments is gone. So either Adobe changed this (but maybe the system still uses the old periods), or Adobe removed the info about monthly payment by mistake.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga I see the "monthly" grace period mentioned in the 'fine print' below the chart you illustrate- (and it may be as little as 5 days!)

"month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period. Note that the grace period may vary from 5 days to 30 days,.."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen Right! The OP conveniently forgot to include that little part. So that info is still there and that is the situation the OP is in right now, because he said he pays monthly. He should change his payment schedule to annually.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to the OPs problem is simple and previously outlined.

And even when deactivated or unsubscribed, all modules except Develop and Maps continue to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. Unfortunately, Adobes Overseas Telephone Support is useless as they don't know their own product and the rules. After many calls now, non of the adviser had the foresight to offer me a solution to switch to yearly payment as you pointed out, this theoretically should solve the issue. Looking up my account, there seems to be no option for a yearly payment option. However, now being on the call with Adobe support they tell me that even a yearly subscription does have only anywhere from 5 to 30 days of non-online use (directly contradicting what their website says) WTF. Interestingly they also tell me they have hidden terms and conditions they can't share which govern that particular section. I'm just recording the one-hour conversation with adobe as this may warrant a video it's incredible the BS I have been told by their team. I'm now talking to supervisors who are also baffled so stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefanf58290378 wrote:
Unfortunately, Adobes Overseas Telephone Support is useless as they don't know their own product and the rules.
@stefanf58290378 wrote:

However, now being on the call with Adobe support they tell me that even a yearly subscription does have only anywhere from 5 to 30 days of non-online use (directly contradicting what their website says) WTF. Interestingly they also tell me they have hidden terms and conditions they can't share which govern that particular section. 

Take both statements with a grain of salt! The website and experience with the product line would allow me to say, it's rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recommendation (for posting) and an inqury follows

The following link shows one way to create screen captures or screenshots on a MAC as opposed to taking a photograph:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361 

Alternatively, you should have a utility called screenshot.app that can be docked in the  taskbar should you want quick access to it (as some members do to help create images to help other members)

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 4.05.24 PM.png

Your posted photo of your laptop screen leaves a bit to be desired. Cannot quite make out on the top if your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is running, Your image with one bit of my annotation

1.png

Is that hard to read icon I circled in red near top the same as follows:

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Icon is not there mate as Apple in the new Mac Books has only limited space on top, so the Icon is behind the notch. Does it really matter though given I have no Internet anyway? It's installed and a start up the item so it's running in the background. I'm aware of how to take a screencast which I will do next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, and how it should work in theory according to adobes guidelines unfortunately, that is not the case. Adobes Overseas Telephone Support is useless as they don't know their own product and the rules. After many calls now, non of the adviser had the foresight to offer me a solution to switch to yearly payment as you pointed out, this theoretically should solve the issue. Looking up my account, there seems to be no option for a yearly payment option. However, now being on the call with Adobe support, they tell me that even a yearly subscription does have only anywhere from 5 to 30 days of non-online use (directly contradicting what their website says) WTF. Interestingly they also tell me they have hidden terms and conditions they can't share which govern that particular section. I'm just recording the one-hour conversation with adobe as this may warrant a video it's incredible the BS I have been told by their team. I'm now talking to supervisors who are also baffled so stay tuned. So the latest now is that the grace period only applies if you fail a payment but has nothing to do with having no internet for a few weeks if your subscription is active, and that would fall under anywhere between 5-30 days. I'm recording the whole telephone call as it's quite incredible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines