• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom will not import jpg files

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Lightroom will not import certain .jpg files. The jpg files are located in a folder on my desktop on my mac. I drag and drop the jpg into lightroom and it does not recognize the files? I tried renaming the files and folder, moving them into a different folder, and still lightroom will not import them. i am running the latest lightroom classic CC / mac big sur 11.14

How can i fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload one for us to examine? 

Can you open them with anything else? 

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Uninstalled and reinstalled LR. It wll not import from .jpg on desktop. My workaround is to upload .jpg to dropbox folder. Then it will import into lightroom drom dropbox folder. I am dragging and dropping. This is  a screenshot of my import dilogue and .jpg i am trying to import. thank you

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 8.51.07 PM.png

ā€ƒ

1.jpg.jpg

ā€ƒ

then it will import into lightroom. I am dragging and dropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not import from your desktop but it will elsewhere? 

You've gone into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy pane and have LR set in for Full Disk Access?

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that drive shown by MAC as Noname, I see that solid triangle, are  their subfolders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the very MAC centric drag and drop, within LrC, use the Import screen in the normal manner (select what images to import, decide if you are copying or adding, and click on i,port)

What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, looked again, expand Noname.

P.S. Clicking on Include Subfolders, may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines