• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom will not open after 11.3.1 update

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated LRC to 11.3.1 today, and now will not open or read catalogues, just stalls and freezes everytime. Tried rolling back to previous version and now it does the same.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first step, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

(You may need to use the manual method.)

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, tried your suggested fix but without result.

Tried contacting adobe support to get assistance via the contact us on the adobe page but doesn't redirect or forward me through

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To verify, rolling back to 11.2 or 11.1 fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, tried both

Regards,

Rick Gosper
P: 0404656270
E: rick@territoryimage.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, be sure your catalog(s) are doubly backed up even though this procedure should not affect them.

Try using the Adobe CC Cleaner to completely clean the Adobe apps off your computer then reinstall from scratch.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concernnis before it applied the update is has bot backed up catalogue before the update and now it won't allow me doanything in lightroom. adjust stalls with the program not responding window.

I know where my catalogues are stored on my PC so hopefully I can just manually back up the last version from a week ago before trying the suggested solution

Regards,

Rick Gosper
P: 0404656270
E: rick@territoryimage.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RICKG-TerritoryImage  Are you saying you haven't tried a different catalog to cure the hang/freeze?

Check in the LrC catalog folder for a .lock file. If that is present, delete it and it ONLY. If it's present, it will keep LrC from running, but is not the cause of hang/crash.

From your initial description, I still recommend running the Adobe CC Cleaner program and reinstall everything from scratch. You may still have a .lock file to remove, so check for that.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK will try that option and provide a reply. Not sure why but this time LrC won't even let me choose a different catalogue to read even after rollback, a preferences reset etc. Just stays held up

I've been a LrC user since 1st released and can normally troubleshoot my issues and self sort.

Regards,

Rick G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one way to start LrC with a different catalog is to double click on the .lrcat file you want LrC to start up with. Be sure any .lock file has been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeas thank you, i know this, but it still won't get past loading..

Regards,

Rick G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More evidence you need to run CC Cleaner 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried this, still does not stop the freeze and no response from LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RICKG-TerritoryImage 

Could you please share the catalog (just the .lrcat file) with us? I have shared a OneDrive folder with you via email. 

Also, could you share share your OS details?

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far, we don't know anything about your system. Please provide the following:

LRC Community guidelines,jpg.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines