• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom will not open(MAC OS Mojave)

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to open LR for two days, looking for help on what to try next before doing an online support remote session with Adobe.

Before MacOS Mojave Update LR (current version) when double clicking, splash screen would appear for a few moments, then the app crashed

Tried starting up from backup catalog, same result

After Mojave update Adobe Creative Cloud launcher gave me a dialog saying something was damaged and it would attempt a repair, the launcher then installed a fresh copy of itself. I restarted, same results from LR.

Using the Adobe Launcher, I uninstalled LR, restarted and installed a fresh copy. (I saved the prefs, perhaps that is the issue?) and LR still had the same crashing, though now the splash screen does not even appear, when I try to start LR, it bounces in the dock once or twice and crashes.

Photoshop CC runs fine.

Thanks very much to the community for ideas on next steps.

Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my plist com.adobe.lightroomClassicCC7.plist there is no mention of "useautobahn" or the word bahn at all?

I tried resetting preferences, interestingly enough the remote Adobe support person I worked with last night had the wrong keystroke, he kept asking me to hold down the "command-option", not the "option-shift". It did bring up the prefs reset dialog, but as soon as I selected "reset"=, the splash screen popped on momentarily and then crashed.

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a 'Mac' person (Windows-10) so cannot comment on the plist.

But a search for Error 16 turns up a few suggestions- Search results

In particular- Configuration errors  Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

One quote from a Staff post- "'Error 16' is a permission related error"

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really thought that would be the answer as I had permission issues in the past in LR and my ext hdd's for storage. But looking at the tutorials, it seems my permissions are set correctly?

Thanks so much for the help, greatly appreciate you taking the time

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines