Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Won't Complete Import of Photos

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened the last two times I've tried to import photos from an SD Card, the same way I always do. It gets to about the last 10% of the import and then it just stops moving. Lightroom is still responsive, but it won't finish the upload (ever). I am working on the most up to date version of Lightroom as well. I haven't changed anything about Lightroom (other than updates), or my camera/shooting. Has anyone had this happen, it is very frustrating? Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us more informations:

Which operating system do you use?

Which version of Lightroom do you used?

Do you used a card reader or do you have the camera connected via USB?

Have you tried to copy the photos to the internal hard drive and then import from there?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating on Windows 10.
Lightroom Classic as this is the Lightroom Classic support forum. The most up to date version of it as well.
I have a built in card reader in my laptop, the same method I have always used to import photos for years.
I have not tried to import from the internal hard drive or an external hard drive, I wasn't sure that would make any difference but I can try it while I await another/more responses

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a first step please try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If this has worked in the past (as you wrote) what has been changed on your system before the error occur. It would help to find out what's responsible for the error.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines