• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom won't export if file already exists / won't give me option to replace or save as either

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As explained in the title, Lighroom wont let me export my RAW files as JPEGS if a JPEGS with the same file name exists in the target directory. Previously it used to give me an option to replace the file or save as. I dont know when this problem occured, but i have shifted from windows to a MacBook and have noticed it only recently. 

It is not a huge deal but I do a lot of exports for my instagram as colour and another as black and white. And sometime I keep hitting export absent mindedly and after about an hours of work I realise the second version of the file hasnt been exported! Especially when working with a lot of archived data, it becomes a terrible pain. Is there a work around or have I messed up the setting somewhere? I am exporting the files to the Desktop (internal Mac drive)

Cheers,

Sudhir

www.sudhirphoto.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

In the Export dialog, in the top Export Location section there's a box where you specify what to do with "Existing Files". The default is "Ask What to Do", which would prompt that option message that you are expecting, but it sounds as though you've changed that to "Overwrite WITHOUT WARNING". If that's the case, change the option back to "Ask What To Do".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Export dialog, in the top Export Location section there's a box where you specify what to do with "Existing Files". The default is "Ask What to Do", which would prompt that option message that you are expecting, but it sounds as though you've changed that to "Overwrite WITHOUT WARNING". If that's the case, change the option back to "Ask What To Do".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I dont know how i missed that option after using lightrrom for 10 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines